Finkelstein Platt LLP’s attorneys have an in-depth understanding of the numerous, intricate issues involved in private and public construction projects. Whether representing owners, developers, design professionals, sureties, construction managers, or contractors, Finkelstein Platt LLP offers sophisticated, cost-effective construction related services in connection with contract negotiation, project trouble shooting and dispute resolution.
Construction related services include:
Assisting with structuring project teams and method of project delivery.
Assisting with selection of project consultants (including design professionals) and the request for proposal (RFP) process.
Drafting and negotiating all project contracts (design professionals, other consultants, construction manager, contractors, adjacent property owners –license agreements).
Assisting with bid and award process – all contracts (including significant experience resolving bidding issues on public projects).
Troubleshooting during projects
- Managing, negotiating and settling disputes and claims (consultants, contractors, insurance, sureties, adjacent property owners and other third parties).
- Negotiating contract amendments to effect claim resolution or address uncontemplated project conditions.
- Resolving billing and performance issues with architects, construction managers, and trade contractors.
- Facilitating completion of projects by non-performing contractors through close collaboration with sureties, as well as negotiating with sureties in the event of a contractor’s default (take over agreements, settlement agreements).
- Negotiating replacement of project participants when necessary to address performance failures.
- Assisting with mechanic’s liens.
- Communicating with governmental agencies and resolving issues regarding regulatory and other legal requirements.
- Acting as team leader for dysfunctional teams or troubled projects.
Assisting with and effecting project close-outs.
Litigation, mediation and arbitration relating to construction claims, construction defects, surety claims, mechanic's liens, and errors and omissions in design.