- Successfully defeated summary judgment motion
and won subsequent appeal brought in connection with claims under the New York
Human Rights Law against employer concerning claims of discrimination based on
disability and failure to provide reasonable accommodation.
- Obtained dismissal of complaint filed by former
employee with the New York State Division of Human Rights at initial
investigation stage by demonstrating complainant’s lack of probable cause.
- Drafted and negotiated employment agreement on behalf of an architect hired as managing director of London office of a New York based architecture firm.
- Defended and settled multiple claims brought by
former employees based on allegations of unpaid overtime wages.
- Audited numerous small businesses to ensure
compliance with New York and federal poster and record keeping requirements.
Represented numerous small businesses in
connection with drafting employment agreements, employee manuals,
non-disclosure agreements, non-compete agreements, independent contractor
agreements, and termination/separation agreements.